ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
Show me any sort of proof more power causes more crank spun hubs.
Tons of completely stock M2Cs have had the issue. Any shock to the drivetrain can cause it. An over-rev on a down shift has caused it on a stock M2C.
Think about it - what would more power have anything to do with it.
I think a small percentage of S55s will just be more likely to have the problem. This could be due to some manufacturing tolerance or assembly difference or very slight material difference in the parts.
I think the perfect combination of one of these susceptible S55s and driving style/incidents with cause the problem.
A very smart tech said to me if your car is in that 1% that’s going to spin it’s hub, it doesn’t matter if you’re stock or modded or DCT or 6MT, it’s gonna happen at some point.
I agree that is most likely, "due to some manufacturing tolerance or assembly difference or very slight material difference in the parts."

Tons? Can you please post your data and sources for this? Otherwise - please don't spread rumors.

To date I know of two M2C cars that reported having a SCH. Considering how many S55 M2C's have been built to date - that's nothing.
M2PDX2906.50