View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 05:04 AM   #9
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Wait I don't think this makes sense, also what does low hanging udder even mean?

The engines are exactly the same between the M2C, M3, and M4, with the exception that the M2C is also detuned compared to the other two. Logical reasoning would deem that since power causes an increase in spun crank hubs, a detuned car would make it less likely to occur. So therefore the M2C should ideally have a lower chance of a spun crank hub compared to the M3 and M4 and should even have a little bit of tuning head space before the risk level exceed or catch up to what the M3 and M4 experience.

If you're talking about low hanging udder as in the car is low that is irrelevant to the spun crank hub issue, that is another cause for concern in oil cooler damage from road debris. But this issue is easily fixed with the various underbody guards for sale. Or being extremely cautious and alert to any road debris and high points you may be driving over. Pretty much just being used to driving a low car.
While I agree with you, there have been cases of stock SCH on M2C.

As far as the oil cooler is concerned I feel it's potentially a bigger risk.

None of this compares to the psychological trauma caused by prolonged exposure to seeing the udder. I believe a class action suit is warranted here, I mean really, WTF??
Appreciate 1