03-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #22
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
You should drive one before you bash it. The fact that the M2 has comparable steering is already telling you how pure your M car is (not).

Obviously the M2 is better for track use. I don't see too many people drifting or doing burnouts on the street though.
I actually work in the auto industry and have spent considerable hours doing chassis tuning for various automakers including Tesla. I have spent seat time on test tracks in various flavors of Model S and 3. So I know a thing or two about how they handle.

And with full confidence I repeat: I'll take the 50/50 weight distribution of an M2 along with the active M diff and the sound of a straight six over blistering fast in a straight line and no personality handling of a Tesla.

My M2 has Sport, Sport+ and Full system off mode for the track. Yes, my M2 had electric steeting but I still feel the road, and I know exactly when I'm approaching the limits of traction. I then can choose to stay under those limits, or apply more throttle and manage side slip angle myself. Compare that to your Tesla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Only people I heard bashing Tesla are the ones that have not driven one. Tesla freaking rocks and it's actually fun to drive on the weekends as well as driving daily.

Keep bashing electric cars. You guys are missing out and I'm not.

Ev really is the future.
Yes. EVs are the future. And when I want a Taxi or an Uber I would love for it to be an EV.

But I actually enjoy the act of Driving. My M2 is Manual, and a good heal-and-toe downshift is very rewarding. Getiing the rear to step out under power is rewarding. Doing a drift in the wet at slight blip of throttle is rewarding. Current EVs are not. Fast in a straight line and that's it.

EVs can be made into a pure enjoyment driving machine. But I have not seen one yet. Perhaps the Roadter will be different. True driving enjoyment machine should be rear wheel drive. We will see. Till then M it is, or Mustang, or Corvette, Or Camaro.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
bmwdrive461.00