View Single Post
      11-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #6
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
That anxiety can be real! I'm still waiting for the electricians to get my NEMA circuit installed so I'm living on 5 miles per hours charging via 120. But I do know 20-25 miles per hour on public charging is available most everywhere now should I need it. My comfort level is increasing.
This may be part of the issue - Seattle probably has more charging stations that we do here in NC, even though I'm in the theoretically technology advanced RTP area. CA is especially chock-full of superchargers, whereas here I think we've got 5 in the entire state, none convenient to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
The interior is pretty meh, the materials feel kind of cheap. The seats aren't real leather, but rather some artificial vinyl. ... it feels like a mid 30's car and the looks are pretty dumpy looking even for the Performance edition (they all look the same).
Ditto, although I didn't realize that the seats weren't leather. It's softer than BMW's fake leather, but we'll have to see how it holds up.

That's another problem with Tesla - they don't have 50 or 100 years of experience behind them, and there's a lot to be said for that. BMW, GM, Ford, etc. all have practical history of how the materials that they use hold up under various environmental conditions.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0