04-23-2016, 05:19 AM   #21
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
It's for all cars.

Yes the M vehicles with adaptive suspension allow you to choose between comfort/sport/Sport + specifically for suspension.

But in non-M vehicles when you move the dynamic drive option from comfort to sport a few things change and the suspension is one of them.

You can feel the difference. I just Demo'd a client today in a 228 and let them feel the difference in between comfort and sport going over speed bumps and an aggressive hill climb course we have.

Also when changing the modes you can see the suspension illuminates as being altered as well.

Tomorrow I will post something more "official"

As that paragraph was from BMWUSA
How do mechanical components adjust via a button when they don't posses that ability and aren't wired to anything? My wife's 2011 535 is the same way. We didn't option the adaptive suspension/m sport suspension or whatever it was called so they were passive with no adjustments available. It has 3 settings...normal, sport and sport +. When in sport it gives us the option to configure chassis and when it is, it does nothing. I think what you felt was the steering tightening up so when you turned it felt the quicker steering you associated it with a tighter suspension.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 1