United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I gotta clarify one more thing:

Given that mass and material type used is the same, and the term stress to be force required to bend an object:

The tubular item will be more rigid than a flat item. This is because the tubular item has "more area" or material to take the load in all different directions. For instance a sheet of paper vs. that same piece of paper but rolled up into a tube. You will notice that the rolled up piece of paper can be held up parallel to the ground in the axis of its thinnest diamension (aka length of the tube parallel to the ground) without bending, while a flat sheet of paper cannot be held up parallel to the ground in the axis of its thinnest diamension (aka writing surface parallel to the ground).

This happens because a rolled up tube of paper has more material to support its weight, you effectively now have paper rolled up 360 degrees around a central axis. This allows it to take stress from all directions, and there is paper in all angles now able to take a small component of stress allowing the tube to be stronger in all directions vs. the flat sheet of paper (which is only capable of taking alot of stress in its long directions - i.e. the paper is great at support itself when you hold it perpendicular to the ground thin side up). This doesn't mention that when you try to bend the paper you force one side into tension and one side into compression (just like the flat piece of paper) but now you have more paper on all sides of the tube which all have the same ability to take these forces so again more components to take [...]
makes sense yea seems like the Tuner are the way to go. I just hate how expensive they are. $630 seems so much for what it is.
Appreciate 1
F87source7310.50