View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #22
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
FWIW it does feel a little silly having both of these cars, even though they're quite different. Just something about having two 2-doors feels silly, especially for someone who doesn't need a car at all (I barely drive ever).

Ideally I would have gotten an F80 M3 Competition, even if it doesn't feel AS good as the M2C, I'd prefer to have a sedan (my 328i is kind of stationary at the moment).

Alas, the F80's production had come to an end and I really wanted to do European Delivery, otherwise I would have picked up a used '18 M3 ZCP.
I think you've got the best combo of cars personally. Kind of the best of both brands at the moment. Btw, I just got my E36 M3 back on the road this weekend after 3 months. Throttle cable bushing disintegrated while driving back from work, so I know the feeling.

Personally, the M2C would be at the very top of my list for current M cars (above F80C too). Having said that, owning some type of Porsche has always been a bucket list of mine. My dream car would be a 997 GT3, but I have a feeling it's also too fast for the street. Been looking to sell my E36 M3 and Z4M for a 981 Boxster Spyder, but have yet to test drive one. Hoping since the car is not as focused as a GT4, and it's top down car, the 2nd gear being long won't bother me as much.

To the OP, I think GT4 and M2C combo makes perfect sense. They're completely different cars, which is what you want.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0