View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #53
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
No sir, driven very lightly. The only thing I've found is a $700 comprehensive claim, to which I can't find a reason, and the previous owner complained about the brakes so BMW replaced all 4 pads and rotors. And the selling dealership thought the tires were marginal, so they replaced a 4 with the exact same tires that were on it (Conti's, unfortunately).
Other than some remnants of slight condensation in the right rear tail-light (along with the turn signal malfunction) the car just has a few chips here and there, but no accidents or paintwork at all.
Oh, and it had an alignment when the tires were put on at 9,000 miles. Maybe they got the specs wrong?
I have read thousands of M2 posts on this board and your car issue does not immediately ring a bell in my mind. My car is close to 60K kms and never required any wheel alignment. Went through my initial set of Michelin PSS, which I replaced with Michelin PS4S on my 437M wheels + also got Michelin PS4S on my 763M wheels. No issues. And I can give those quite the spurs when I'm taking my car over the mountains: planted and compliant.

Quote:
BMW replaced all 4 pads and rotors [...] they replaced all 4 [tires] with the exact same tires that were on it
Is it possible that your (young) car was involved in some kind of incident during transport, that got fixed before delivery ? Is there rim rash (or signs of repaired rim rash) on one of your wheels (tell-tale sign of an encounter with a curb) ? Why did the previous owner sell the 9K miles car ?

Maybe try this:
  • visit this BMW VIN Decoder here;
  • indicate the last 7 characters of the VIN of your M2 (+ eventually complete the CAPTCHA);
  • check in the displayed VIN specs for the production date of your car;
  • put your car on a bridge and check closely for date stamps that are sometimes indicated on parts and stickers attached to parts:
    • all date stamps prior to production date: OK;
    • a date stamp past/post production date: ask for an explanation.
Quote:
the car just has a few chips here and there, but no accidents or paintwork at all.
Use a paint meter to check: