View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #8
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Damn, was reading through hoping you'd find a different solution to the creaking. A few of us have it after changing to aftermarket springs/shocks and can't pinpoint what's causing it.

And sorry about your bumper. I had my dealer, who is apparently a certified bmw collision repair center, repair my car after an accident and it had a bunch of runs as well as splotchyness. They fixed the runs but not the splotchyness. After almost 6 months in the shop and a ton of arguing, I was too tired to keep complaining.

Best of luck to you and your new car.
Ah man, that's a shame. I am not optimistic that the dealer will get anywhere with the shipper since there's no way to prove they did it. All the circumstantial evidence is there (they had the car for SIX days for a 1200 mile journey, gave me shady progress information that changed every time I asked, very fresh over-spray everywhere [even though the car was detailed by the seller prior to shipping]) but without someone admitting they did it, I feel I am up a creek and will have to get it fixed on my dime. The shipper also scraped all 4 exhaust tips when they backed it off the truck in front of my house. I wish I had my video running when they did that - there'd be no way to deny that one.

Hopefully you guys find that noise and hopefully mine doesn't come back. The dealer didn't tell me if they had removed any suspension components during the cleanup that may have been the actual fix. Have you tried all 4 'fixes' in the SIB that I referenced? I have the PDF of it if you need it.
Appreciate 0