View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #48
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
My current true Grand touring experience is the ftype svr. 2017. Car is really great. Super comfortable in normal mode, teeth jarring in dynamic. It sounds amazing. I've put 17k bullet proof miles on it. It's unbelievably stable at high speed even with the top down. You can now pick them up with low mileage in the upper $70k. I think the 991.1 and 991.2 are always good options. I think the AMG GT cars are starting to get close to 100k in low mileage used form.

Don't overlook the Lexus LC500. That car looks dynamite. Where as the 991 is less GT, the LC500 is way more touring.
I had high hopes for the LC500. Great looks and Lexus reliability, what more do you want...well the infotainment was absolutely terrible and the space felt a lot more cramped than a 911. So it was off the list immediately.

Also test drive the 840i and boy, it's pretty nice and was thoroughly impressed. Granted the comparable m850i is much more expensive.

That is why my new thought is to pick up a M2 variant new and maybe get a BMW GT preowned when pricing comes down significantly.

The 991 is also a great choice, but I don't see many configured nicely on the preowned market. Also a lot of brining colors and black interiors, which I hate.