11-10-2019, 11:04 PM   #11
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
How much are the options you are considering? Most MCS singles are $2450 plus camber plates, springs and then install. That is some top notch performance for the price. I don't know how many street miles you put on but might need to rebuild in a couple years??? (Rebuilds are reasonably priced) MCS has the best customer service in the industry. So you can't go wrong. Plus you'll never risk wishing or needing better performance. Unless you upgrade to double or triples (which is overkill for HPDE)
I guess I would ask this. Are you competitive, interested in improving and going as quick as you possibly can? Buy MCS. If not then I guess it doesn't matter what you buy.

*I often see or hear of someone buying Ohlin R&T or KW Club Sports thinking they are top notch. Then a couple years later understanding that they are not that great. They then go with MCS or JRZ. Now that is a expensive route.
Hopefully this is helpful.

Ohlins R&T and TC Kline Double Adjustable are both right around $3k. Looks like MCS 1w are a bit more for on the F8x platform for whatever reason, around $3,300. Springs and camber plates are another $1,100.

The overkill you bring up for 2w or 3w is exactly what I’m trying to figure out for the $3k options vs the MCS. Support and service are certainly worth something. Sounds like TCK is at least s accessible as MCS, and my preferred local shop is an Ohlins dealer, including in house rebuild/revalve.

FWIW, I’ve absolutely ruled out KW CS. At $5k, I’d absolutely go with your recommendation instead.

This stuff is tough to work through. It’s at least as subjective as tires or brake pads, but at least I can experiment with those and find what works for me. With suspension, you’re stuck with it for a long time, or out a hefty sum to switch.

On the other hand, coming from stock suspension, I’m sure any of these options will be a nice improvement.
Appreciate 2
CrashFL136.50
JTO245246.50