View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #18
M2cLee
Rep
Drives: M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Key things to note about this post:

1. He is in the UK and not in the US, do warranty claims absolutely work differently.

2. How long ago was that? Because with FlexRay tech on the cars built in the last 3-4 years, they will absolutely detect the tune, whether piggy back or not.

You don't have to believe, but let's just say I have intimate knowledge of this having negotiated deals for DME supply from Bosch on behalf of OEMs.

Also, it's because in SoCal alone I have seen 3 guys from our local chapter get warranty claim denied for a JB4 even after removing it and taking it in.
Yes you are correct i am in the Uk so claims may work differently sure.
They definitely have a new system here which detects when tampering has occurred including coding etc as i mentioned with stop start.

My car was a 2017 m140 so b58 engine and both repairs were in the last 18 months. M4s mentioned im not sure they have private plates. But both are lci.

Either way if the tune directly breaks something i wouldn't expect to have it covered, but it is a cop out to blame tunes for absolutely everything.
If a tuning box was identified and warranty void then so be it, i will just switch to bm3 at that point.

Warranty woes aside, both myself and the op are looking for peoples opinions on use of tuning boxes not the possible if and maybe consequences.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00