buzzard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i "LCI" M-SPORT

Garage List
2007 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weyland View Post
The problem with all the reviews so far, is that they have all taken place on the BMW media day - everyone has had the same experience and is saying the same good words. Just look at the road section, fast, flowing and SMOOTH.

We need to wait until cars are released and our favourite motoring journos have been let loose with them on home soil. Until then, these reviews are only early indications, and whilst it doesn't happen too often, I have read a number of 'first drive' reviews that rated a car highly only to recieve a mediocre reception when they conduct the full blown road test. These are all first drive reviews.
Did you read it?

"BMW people helpfully suggest we set off up the Pacific Coast Highway. That road will be smooth, the views lovely, they say. Sorry, not going. The traffic will be heavy, and the police vigilant.

Instead, I aim the car inland toward a bumpy, heavily cambered and endlessly twisty road that runs for miles through a wooded valley. It has dips and crests and some very three-dimensional corners in endless variety and ever-changing radius. It also has some damp patches and surfaces from the quiet to the coarsely gravelly. In short, it’s going to give the car the Spanish Inquisition."
Appreciate 1