Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
No dig/offense taken.

The 1M is nearly decade old, I would fully expect more recently designed cars to perform better at every level

Unfortunately, these days many of the new offerings leave that connected visceral driving experience out.

The 1M is special in that it is simple and straight forward...no frills, no bling...but, incredible driving experience.
It's a flat out analogue experience. Plus it's a smash mouth approach, including the design that one either is enamored of or detests; no middle ground.

While the weakest link as far as design goes, the front fascia is a brilliant transformation compared to the garden variety E82. Most say it has a bulldog appearance, but I'd say it's more like it was given the eye of the tiger. Contrast the 135i I picked up in 2009 at the Welt, and the 1 M I shot in 2011 while picking up a 328iT. And the 3/4 view is singular displaying its muscular side and haunches.

I'm not ashamed to state that I paid a $5k premium, and that was as the 3rd owner when I acquired it in 2012 with only 1,800 miles on the odo. 32,000 miles later I look on it as the best automotive decision I have made to date.

Time has a way of changing one's perspective (I was that guy that at one time said he would never pay MSRP for any vehicle, period), but at least at this point in time I am not passionate enough about the CS to pay MSRP.

The saddest thing with the CS is that most will sock them away in their garage, or in their warehouse and never drive it, instead of putting it on the road or track as the tour de force they were engineered for.

There's too many guys with 1 M's that are missing out on enjoying more smiles per mile, in hopes of cashing in big some day down the road, when tomorrow is never a given you will arise to see it.

Here's hoping I will at least see one of these on the road in my lifetime, and not stuffed away in somebody's museum.
Love VO 1M's!
Appreciate 0