No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
I also ordered the behind the kidney grills screens, and am disappointed. All sharp edges, no easy means of install, and really is just rough cut out of steel screen. It was a gamble and thankfully not expensive but wanted to share so others can see them as well.

The zunsport screens for the lower sections are 100x better, and recommend skipping the official CSR kidney screens.
Your Zunsport installation video inspired me to get the lower pieces (thanks for that tip) and I believe Zunsport products are 100% worth it. But now I have the kidney portion all open, and want to cover them up, to be 'all matchy-matchy' and protective. Honestly, I like the more uniform look the Zunsport grill set provides to the bonnet...

How did the kidney grille screen/mesh option above work out for you? If you installed it, indulge me some silly Qs:

- Is the mesh 'cheaply made', especially compared to the Zunsport one?

- are they black or silver in colour?

- what is the material: SS, aluminum or some plastic?

- I can't visualize how to attach the actual mesh to the rear section of the kidney grille...would you just 'loop' the cable tie around the front slats? If so, won't they be visible from the front? Appreciate any tips on that...

- I know, quite pricey for some chicken-coop wire, but I am still considering it given that it should provide better protection vs. leaving the gaping hole. So is this the entire kit: 2 mesh pieces + 4 zip ties?

Lastly, I am surprised that no one has come up with a drop in kidney grille replacement that already has the wire mesh welded at the rear. I would pay for that instead of going through all this trouble...