MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMaddness View Post
That's cool. Having a variety is now important to me given my interests other than cars. do you have build thread or pics of your M2C? What are your initial thoughts on it vs the S?
I'm laughing at myself given your comments on build threads... I don't have one but there are random posts and pics across these forums . Some recent pics here -
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1756925
The M2C and the S2000 have completely opposite personalities. The former is a brute force torque monster that easily pushes one into being a hooligan but can be driven Q-car like under the radar (with the appropriate color, sorry SO). Shifting is a bit wonky but higher gear pulls are amazing. The limits of this car far exceed my skills. Driving feedback is significantly less but not unexpected. My lightly modded Rio Yellow MY06 S2000 looks like an instant ticket but it's limits are so much easier to enjoy while still being mostly legal. Shifting is crisp and the clutch engagement is light, vtec has been lowered to 4200 and all the fun is shifted left up to the 8500 RPM redline. Top down driving is is amazing - the connection to the road (sounds, wind, feel through the suspension) is almost religious.

I confess that I purchased the M2C as a mature replacement to my S2000 but I've been having second thoughts. I have a feeling if I sell it will be the one that got away.
Keep the S2000. I agree with much of what you've said. I been thinking also about selling but I did something interesting the other day which changed my mind - I drove them back to back. After getting out the M and into my S I realized what the M is missing. Somewhat difficult to replicate the connected feeling you get in the S within the M but maybe over time things would change. Nevertheless, I decided to keep my 06 GPW for now. However do I really need 2 of them???