04-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #566
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

[QUOTE=AmuroRay;26061428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

I compared the PHYSICS of why they one functions better than another and provided actual DATA to substantiate that claim, you have provided NOTHING.

You can’t call me misinformed when there is literally 2 comparison (ATM, DO88), and a write up from 2 different manufacturers (ER being one) stating that Bar and Plate is better for cooling than a tube and fin.

Tube and fine are also less expensive to make - so you would think that more manufactures would make one if they were superior- instead only 1 brand exist for the F series.

Just because the ‘perfect’ match up doesn’t exist doesn’t mean you can hand wave all the evidence you don’t agree with.

Let the myth of ‘tube and fin recovers faster’ be dispelled from this message board until someone can PROVE IT. Until then, the Competition line should not be a consideration to ANYONE who tracks their car.
OMG, you’re still going in circles. It’s impossible to decipher anything substantive in your responses regarding bar plate and tube fin. You’re mixing too many variables in your responses to your blanket statement that “bar plate is better than tube fin”. Yes, we’ll let everyone else decide the value of the back and forth.

In my specific situation I’ve run bar plate and tube fin and have logs showing much quicker recovery with tube fin. I don’t have time to dig those up at this very instant, but other guys have recorded the same.

Am I going to switch from Evo 2 Comp to a larger heavier bar plate that has at most 10F better IATs on track? No. The IAT gain doesn’t make a difference in daily driving, and I run E30-45 on track so the impacts of timing pull in a 10F IAT difference are near negligible. I’m waiting to see a bigger performance jump than 10F and the Evo 3 looks to be it.
Appreciate 0