View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #564
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

[QUOTE=AmuroRay;26061056]I’m not. The ATM vs Evo 2 was in a f series chassis. The comment about the ER intercooler is on ER’s webpage description about their N55 F series intercooler.
The Mishimotto intercooler was used on an N55 powered car (F30?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

This is simply about performing a correctly designed experiment, which cannot be done with all the different products on the market and all the different setups we all have and how we all use our cars differently. That’s why we’re not each choosing the same IC to go with, there isn’t a simple this one is better than that one.

I just don’t know if that’s true. I can tell you, of all the intercoolers I looked at (still looking at) the Wagner Evo 2 has consistently performed the WORST out of all the options.

DO88 webpage compares their intercooler vs the Wagner - per their data, it cools better.
The ATM per the data we have, cools better.
The VRSF cools better
Per A race shop, a channel on physics - and actual data - ALL of them say a tube and fin is inferior from a design perspective.

I haven’t seen it work adequately for anyone. Everyone review I see says it gets hot too quickly.

That’s not backed up by data. I’m absolutely interested in seeing someone try the Evo 3 vs the VRSF race or ER unit thought.
OMG, you’re still missing the point and are debating against yourself in a nonsensical manner.

You thru out a blanket statement that bar plate is better than tube fin, which isn’t true. They are simply too different types of heat exchangers that have pros & cons that benefit users in different ways.

Then you keep giving examples of all these different sized intercoolers and different tests. In this case the best test of bar plate vs tube fin would be comparing the Comp and non-Comp versions of Wagner. Similar size, different exchanger style. The Comp (tube fin) will be lighter and recover quicker once hot than non-Comp (bar plate).

Does the 19lb Evo2 Comp perform as well as the larger and heavier bar plate IC’s you keep mentioning? Not under extreme use situations.

Will the larger heavier Evo3 perform better than all the larger heavier bar plate IC’s you’ve mentioned? We don’t know yet, but I’m guessing yes simply from the Evo 2 vs Evo 3 data that Wagner posted—there’s a huge increase in cooling capacity, and because it’s tube fin it will recover quicker than bar plate once hot.

Last edited by ZM2; 04-17-2020 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0