Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
I apologize for the double post, but I figured I'd let you know Paul Johnson seems to have fixed my stumbling issue. Like the Bootmod3 Enthusiast Facebook posts said - it was most likely a drive ability / smoothness issue in the tune.

In this last revision from Paul that focused on the stumble / hesitation, he stated he "made a few adjustments to slow down the throttle in that area", and it definitely helped. I went for a 2 hour drive and never once experienced the issue whereas prior to this it was reproducible each and every time. Massive improvement, and while not detrimental to vehicle health, I'm glad the car is back to feeling smooth once again.
That's great news! I'm hopeful I can have my tuner do the same, but I don't quite understand what "slow down the throttle in that area" means? In my case, when I'm giving the car 20%-50% light throttle under regular cruising driving conditions is when I experience the hiccups. Is that your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakkoox View Post
I also run de xdi35 hpfp.
I'm considering to move over to a dorche hpfp..
Support and service from XDI (TTFS) is so bad.
Bye bye 2600euro for me
Don't give up quite yet, it sounds like it may be a tuning issue and Endeav might be onto the solution.
That is exactly my experience!

Unfortunately I don't know exactly which tables Paul edited, I just quoted what he said in my email as to what he changed in the revision. I imagine it has something to do with how much load is applied at that throttle position?

I wish I could shed some more light on this but it honestly sounds like an issue with the OEM throttle mapping being overly aggressive down low and overly touchy (relationship between pedal position and throttle plate?) and when switching to the PS2 turbo with the XDI pump that the OEM throttle mapping just doesn't match up nicely to the new setup.

It's a big drive ability thing and not an issue with the XDI pump. Or so it seems....
Appreciate 1