View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 05:35 AM   #198
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I'm probably the outlier here, but I have 3 track days on my oil already. I'll do another 3-4 and do a total of 10k miles before the next oil change.

Also I did oil analysis back home on my Mustang. After 3 track days and 7000 miles Blackstone told me to extend drain interval.

BMW dealers here use LL oil, which they claim is good for 25,000km or 2 years. I kind of trust them.

I plan to go 2 years on Castrol SRF brake fluid. Nearly same wet and dry boiling point, so unless the pedal goes soft I will send it.
Same, I had the 2k km oil change and did another at roughly 10k km after 3-4 trackdays.

Not sure about the OG M2 but the M2C will undercool oil in sport plus if you are not on the throttle the whole time. Oil temp is the real killer of all the additives etc.

I plan to change it every 7.5-10k km for piece of mind.

As to the brake fluid. I would do it once a year or immediately after over heating it. Your life depends on its function, I would not cheap out on it.

Overheating the brake fluid will also reduce its performance, leading to more overheating etc. Also other properties of the brake fluid are important such as compressibility which can deteriorate with overheating and water absorption.

https://trackparts.ch/Rennbremsflues...600-ATE-Typ200

I would leave the plugs alone unless your tuned. I am letting BMW change them on their schedule. We dont get free maintenance/oil in the EU, I bought a maintenance plan that covers 6 years of oils/filters/plugs according to what the car demands.

The drift was in a Focus RS MK3 and luckily the runoff zone in eau rouge is huge. I had just seen several accidents (on youtube) where ppl tried to counter/stop the drift and simply ended up going towards the barrier on the right hand side. There is tons of space on the left that is asphalted so I knew I had a huge margin before shit hit the fan.

You can see what I mean in this vid about 30 seconds in (although here I think he could not have saved it as these cars are not really set up to be easy at the limit).

https://www.sportvideos.tv/massive-c...-0-24-09-2017/