06-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #39
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I'm still having this problem with slight power surges and hiccups with low load. I'm running a PS2 with an XDi35 hpfp and changing plugs hasn't helped. Just to be clear, is everyone experiencing the problem also running an XDi35 hpfp? If not, please list your mods.
I am also running an XDI-35 HPFP with a PS2 turbo. Paul Johnson has been trying a few fixes with me. Few of them have made it less abrupt, however we haven't fixed it entirely. He has a few more tricks up his sleeve - just trying each one by one.

Next up is slowing the throttle down in that area of the tune.

Here's a few replies from a Bootmod3 Enthusiast thread where they reviewed my logs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton
Looks like it's all correlated to the load; timing, MAP, and Load are oscillating quite a bit and I can see the correlation to the engine rpm and likely the stumble or shutter that you feel. The throttle angle is moving >10% with less than 5% driver input at those ranges too. Couple things your tuner can adjust like slowing down the throttle settings so there isn't so much load fluctuation at these low inputs but this all looks like more driveability tuning needed. The fueling doesn't look like an issue here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton
With Sport and S+ throttle settings are quite aggressive from the factory and generally with larger turbos or higher power maps it's beneficial to slow the throttle down to allow better driver control. The zone where you were at could just be a hard part in the mapping to modulate easily since you have a bigger turbo with meth so all the tables had to be increased...this zone you're transitioning between cruising and power so it could be a finicky spot. Slowing the throttles down is likely the easiest solution so you as the driver can transition between load and cruising more easily without the studder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph
I didn’t look at the log but I trust Kenton von’s observations.

The N55 M2 stock throttle maps are honestly garbage in S+ IMHO so reducing the sensitivity will help.

Remember throttle maps are a % of torque demand. The more torque your motor can target the more the relative torque based on throttle input will be.

So all throttle inputs become amplified in a way when making more than stock power.
Appreciate 1