View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #73
Insane_Dawe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 White ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmalley92 View Post
How do like that BavSound Stage 1 set... that's one thing that actually pisses me off about this car... the sound system. God it really is bad. It didn't bug me at first but its one of those things that after living with the car for a few months I just can't stand. Compared to a GM Bose system its better I guess but it might be worse than the stock BMW Professional system I had in 2008 135i honestly. It's just not good!
Try the true ASD bypass a.k.a. the wiring harness.

I uninstalled mine when I needed to have the amp replaced, then didn't get around to it, just coded ASD off. I kept thinking how crappy the HK system is. Found some time to install the bypass again and it made a night and day difference. It brings back the mids and I think there is more gain. Now it's an "above" average speaker system, not amazing, but good enough for my semi-hi-fi ears.

Before everyone gives me crap for it not making a difference, this is my second time doing it and it's drastically noticeable.

Here's my theory. The audio in the M2 is based on analog source. The implementation is something along the lines of a bandpass filter to lower the volume of the music in the "exhaust frequency range" Say 500-4000Hz and mux your exhaust noise. If you code out the ASD, the hardware filter is still there. Unless BMW implemented some expensive DSP processing, that's probably how it's done.
Appreciate 0