View Single Post
      01-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #231
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
The ~100 cars is confirmed as it is info from BMW directly and not a dealer. The only uncertainty is if it includes all HEA-cars and demos etc or if that is customer allocations. If it is dealer based it usually goes by M sales and volume overall but also by demand. So a M-certified dealer should get more cars as they usually tick all those boxes.

As you said though, no dealer is going to tell you that they won't get more cars this year so go somewhere else. They will all tell you to stay put and that it will work out.

Do you have a delivery date in your contract? If they can't keep that it will be no problem to get out of the contract. In the contracts from Bilia it says that the customer can get out of it without issues if the delay is "av väsentligt betydelse för konsumenten".
Ah, ok, so if HEAs are included it would make the situation a bit trickier and harder to get a hold of cars unless dealers are selling the HEAs to customers.

Ok, so M-approved dealer at least has an advantage one can speculate

Honestly I have not examined all the fine print in my contract but I have email-conversation from my dealer saying expected delivery is April/May but no guarantees on exact date.
However, if the delivery is pushed to late 2016 it is a significant change of situation and should open up the possiblity to pull out either way.

Of course the dealer want´s to secure the sale at any cost but let´s see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Thing is, I would be fine with a little later delivery(idealy not later than June/july) but it is the fact that I cannot plan anything like vacations and road trips without an estimated delivery date.
Also I am trying to get a spot in a parking garage but I do not want to pay for a parking spot I wont´t need for 6 months...
Appreciate 0