metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1zbo View Post
Thank you
Joined as it seems more accurate information is spread here than in any swedish forum.

Ok, that is interesting.
My sales guy at Bavaria Solna tried to convince me that it would be a greater chance to get a car through them than any smaller dealer.
I would thinl that if I would be 9th or 10th in line at a big dealer, like Bavaria, for an M2 my chances would be better at a smaller dealer but I am not sure that is how the allocations works in this case.

My dealer says nothing about how the allocation process works. Not sure if he does not know or just wants to keep this infomation to himself to align my expectations... :/
Some of us has been informed that the cars are handed out in order and not by dealer allocation. If that is true, it doesn't matter where you order. But if we assume that it is based on dealer allocations a bigger dealer might be better.

Let us assume Sweden get ~90 cars. Maybe not all dealers will order demos so we assume 20 of these are dealer demo-cars, then we have 70 cars left. Then 1 allocation per dealer and that leaves us with about 35 cars left. So even if a few dealers are prioritized they can't get more than 4-5 cars per year anyway if this is the case.

It is a bigger chance that a small dealer hasn't sold its allocation I would guess than Bavaria gets 10 cars this year. Like the M2 on Blocket in Umeå, if that has an allocation but isn't sold I would rather just take the train there and get that car than to wait it out in Stockholm.
Appreciate 0