View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 08:12 AM   #20
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

I'll chime in. I was looking to get into an M2Comp from my M340i. Why? Because. I go through a lot of cars. I want to live and try them all. My parents said, "When you were a kid, you would play cars with your brother and be the 'car dealership' because you couldn't pick just one car". True today. I wanted an M2Comp with 6MT. I buy A LOT from my dealer (5 this year), and was able to secure a discount much greater than I've seen on here.

They looked for an allocation, but instead received an M2CS. So I had to decide from a heavy heavy discounted M2Comp or M2CS at MSRP. M2CS it was. When you've had so many, you really look for something that's special, unique and fun to drive. At my stage I also don't have time for mods. I also am not a fan of modding. I owned my E30 M3 for 15 years and it was completely stock. There was something about driving it around the way it was made from the factory decades ago that I loved.

Let's call it nearly 30k more in my case. Here is what I get.

1) CF Hood
2) CF Mirrors, splitter, diffuser, gurney flap
3) Alcantara Wheel
4) Alcantara Trim
5) CF roof that's unique and structurally different to just the "shell" on other BMW models
6) Merino Leather
7) CS seats
8) 40 more HP from the factory with WARRANTY
9) M Adaptive suspension from the factory
10) CS M Performance exhaust

To me, these are absolutely worth 30k. Plus it has that "special" and unique factor. This will be a 5th car, what's the point in getting something that I won't feel is special. Will it depreciate, yes. I don't think it will do much harm, and if you are holding on to them it really won't matter.

I'm not saying this is the E30 M3, but I will say this as far as that market:
1)Values are significantly higher for original unmodded cars.
2)Yes you could take a regular E30 318i, do some bodywork, throw in an S50 or S14 and some bilsteins, but again, not an original E30 M3 and never will be. True enthusiasts want the real deal from BMW.

Based on this CS sub-forum, the people that are getting a CS are exactly the ones that BMW intends this car to go to. ADM is a shame, but I respect those that had to pay it for convenience and comfort of getting what they want. If you keep the car for a long time, you won't even notice it. Those dealers asking over 5k, 10k, 20k though should be reprimanded from BMW. Sadly they won't.
Appreciate 3
Davil6479.50
F87EVO4031.00