F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The amount of opinions you see on the gearing you would think Porsche sold more GT4's than Camrys in 2016. In reality the gearing isn't really a problem, particularly on track. Is it optimal? No. But when you actually drive a GT4 and compare it with an M2C you realize they are completely different cars.

The GT4 feels alive, connected, with perfectly weighted inputs. Its an experience to drive. Compare that with the M2C which is effective, fun, but sterile. And I say that as someone who owned an M2C and sold it after 9 months disappointed. The e9x M3 is far more comparable to the GT4 as the engine invokes emotion, I'd take it over an M2C 10 times out of 10. I think the e9x M3 is the benchmark M car, and probably the best M3 ever made. The M2C suffers from the same numbness that afflicts all modern BMW's, its the best car BMW makes but it wouldn't even feature on a greatest hits album. The M2 CS doesn't improve any of the cars flaws, which is a shame as if there were any enthusiasts left at BMW they could of done something really special with it as theres a great chassis underneath.
Never ever heard of someone disappointed by the M2 , whatever variant . You may have bigger expectations from Chris Harris , he wouldnt own one if it was disappointed too ! And as far i know , the Competition but the F87 in general , was titled with the phrase , bmw back in form. But especially E92 ? Come on , that was one of the worst M3s after the E36, in terms of handling and development and reliability in general. It was from the era of cheaper materials , paint problems , interior materials were cheap , it was the first grown up M3 , but nothing felt like a E30 , E36 , E46 .. that compact fun M car , yeah it did have the last NA engine , but again , wasnt the best engine in terms of reliability , guess why the 1M was so succesful.. as for the GT4 vs M2s, its just personal preference , one thing for sure , you cant say the M2 is a disappointment. Not at all.
MDuckie93.00