View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #57
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

The amount of opinions you see on the gearing you would think Porsche sold more GT4's than Camrys in 2016. In reality the gearing isn't really a problem, particularly on track. Is it optimal? No. But when you actually drive a GT4 and compare it with an M2C you realize they are completely different cars.

The GT4 feels alive, connected, with perfectly weighted inputs. Its an experience to drive. Compare that with the M2C which is effective, fun, but sterile. And I say that as someone who owned an M2C and sold it after 9 months disappointed. The e9x M3 is far more comparable to the GT4 as the engine invokes emotion, I'd take it over an M2C 10 times out of 10. I think the e9x M3 is the benchmark M car, and probably the best M3 ever made. The M2C suffers from the same numbness that afflicts all modern BMW's, its the best car BMW makes but it wouldn't even feature on a greatest hits album. The M2 CS doesn't improve any of the cars flaws, which is a shame as if there were any enthusiasts left at BMW they could of done something really special with it as theres a great chassis underneath.
Appreciate 2
Avaley731.00
akhbhaat180.50