10-05-2020, 05:39 AM   #73
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Isn't the only reason that the manufactures include the CCB option is for better track performance? The carbon ceramics have virtually no brake fade under heat, and I would guess the people that buy M2CS will have money to replace their track toy rotors...

Edit:
https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/wa...for-track-use/
It seems like it's degrading very fast on track. Sounds like an quite confusing option when it's designed for track but not actually recommended for track.
This is one of those items, much like the CS in general, that including "cost" into the equation muddies the water. The CCB option is mostly superior to the steel option across the board.

Equal braking, less thermal variance in performance, no brake dust, lighter weight, don't rust, longer life, look really good.

Squeal seems to be limited by propper bed in. Don't underestimate how long of a process this is, and can't be found in any bmw literature. Look to Corvette forum.

Initial wet weather bite is reduced. This appears to be real, adapting your driving style to this phenomenan seems to be the cure. Bed in may help and so may choosing I different brake pad compound. It's due to s slightly longer time required to get heat into brakes. I had this same issue with steal brakes on my Jaguar. It's not a fun feeling.

Why I didn't equip:

1. Cost
2. Worry
3. Wet weather performance since this is DD.

Worrying about getting a chipped rotor from road debris, reducing life with hard driving, ensuring pad replacement at 50% life, degraded wet weather performance. Not being able to buy my tires at Costco for fear they chip a rotor.

Last edited by medphysdave; 10-05-2020 at 05:48 AM..
Appreciate 0