View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 12:20 AM   #22
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I am the top shop In Southern CA. I have 3 gold medals, 3 silver and 2 bronze. I have 13 years of experience. Any point I make is based off hands on experience. I'm not here to argue with anyone, push my company or products. Just share my experience hopefully for the better good of you all and help provide real world facts that may help you make a more educated decision for your purchases. This is something I am very very passionate about and my industry is my life's work.

If a car is super hammered with swirls then I would encourage the customer to do paint correction. Otherwise if it's random isolated swirls and maring then PPF will 100% hide it. Ppf will hide up to 1500 grit sanding marks on black in direct sunlight.
On a brand new car rolled off the lot 99% of people won't be able to tell if correction was done prior to a full body install. Now if it's a brand new car and say only getting the front clip and the customer is keen to what swirls look like on a dark car then it may be best to correct the back half.

As far as the different manufacturers go. I tell people the only true bad film will fit one of the following categories. If it was installed bad. If the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product. Lastly the only bad film is the one you don't put on your vehicle! Ppf works the best to keep factory paint preserved while allowing us to rip on our cars and enjoy them without completely thrashing them.

XPEL has top notch support. They stand behind their products like no one else. The dap is the best pattern data base money can buy (only available now to 100% XPEL shops). Lastly XPEL has a really good film. It's the total trifecta.

If you guys want more of my professional installer opinion on why I feel XPEL is the best film from a technical installer standpoint I'd be happy to go into more detail.

OP- about your diffuser. For the m-performance rear carbon diffuser no one makes a template to plot the PPF. Therefore it's a fully bulk install. In my opinion it's not worth the man hours spent to do it custom and handmade a bunch of pieces for something that won't likely get damaged.

For all the super cars crazy diffusers we have patterns. 720s, SVJ, 600lt, 650 and so on. I bought my carbon diffuser from a customer and it didn't have a single Nick on it after track days and good amount of driving. So honestly i wouldn't stress it.

If I was to completely wrap one I would charge $500 and it would take at least 3 hours.

I hope that helps guys
Appreciate 1
devo755.00