Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I am curious about this stuff as I'd like to get my wife to do something like this with me. I'm kind of hoping I can do a delayed Performance Delivery Center experience and have her go through the day event there and do some on track stuff. Figure she'll appreciate the car more that way.
This is why I'm excited about this. I think my wife would enjoy the experience together in a less intense environment.
Same here. When COVID caused all HPDE's to be cancelled in March-May, I rented a track for a private Test-n-Tune and we took the 1M and RX-8. I coached my wife and my son, and my wife probably would have had a lot more fun in a DCT car. She is excited about the CS, and I am hoping I can get her to try a real track day eventually. The M Driver Program may be great for her.

As an aside, having a day to spend in the car with my son was gold for so many reasons. Once we were able to do HPDE, the novice instruction was lead-follow only, and the day he had with me in the car created enough of a foundation for him to make the most of an otherwise suboptimal experience.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0