09-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #27
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I know these are hard to predict, but I'm in a situation where I have an M3 competition model with super low miles with a lease expiration of early next year. I had full plans to buyout the car for around 45k (payoff + discount) for a mint m3 zcp w/ 7000 miles. I have an opportunity to grab an allocation for the m2 cs, unfortunately I missed the M3 CS boat.. but the question I'm struggling with is it worth starting over on debt (90k+ vs 45k) for the cs badge, smaller/better track car... I think the possibility of this car becoming the next 1M makes it a gamble worth taking, but what if it turns out like the M3/M4 CS that don't really net any significant difference than the regular competition models?
What do you mean you missed the boat on the M3/M4 CS? You can get them slightly used for half off right now!

The M2 CS will never be a 1M. IMO it will depreciate down to high 30s, low 40s over the next 5-10 years. I know that sounds bad, but that's exceptional in comparison to a 5 series costing just as much. It'll hold around there and then eventually shoot up in value somewhere around the 15-25 year mark. The M2 CS is an easy future classic but you'll have to wait over 20 years for that.

If you want your cars to be fun investments, don't buy new.
Appreciate 1