CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Before I bought my 1M, my track cars had been a 99 civic SI, 2005 Subaru STI, then a 2005 Mazda RX8. I test drove an e92 M3, loved the sound of the engine, but felt like it was a heavy pig. I put a deposit on the 1M at that time. I knew that it was the only M car I could even consider owning.

For me, the M2CS is the natural successor to my 1M which has become more of a track only car. I think it's life progression will be fairly similar, three season daily driver and weekend fun car for the first 5 to 6 years, and then possibly becoming the successor to my 1M for track days. I ordered it with the DCT. If I was selling the 1M, it would've been a harder decision and I probably would've gone with the manual, but right now I'm looking forward to having the best of both worlds. By the time this is my track car, I will be well into my 50s and ready to retire my left foot. Of course that assumes I won't have decided on something else by then.

If size of the car isn't as critical for you, the used cars you mention would be a bargain. There is no right or wrong answer here!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
sdhotwn2128.50