09-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #60
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetech View Post
Yes swapping CCB for steel is plug and play, technically you could also code your DSC to have the different operating between the two systems.
Yes you can DIY CCB pad replacement just be extra careful around the rotors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I've read that most risk is from the wheels going on and off, but there is a tool that can make this more safe. I think itd just a rod that holds the wheel after the lug nuts are off so you can pull/push the wheel on or off at the right height to not impact the disc.
Super helpful, thank you! And I already have that helpful tool. I think the only think holding me back from ordering the CCBs at this point is that if I decided to sell the M2 CS early on for whatever reason, I don't think I'd get the full cost back for the CCBs. For the (a) long-term owner who (b) isn't planning on tracking their car (or has a set of pads and discs to swap in for track days) and (c) can justify the high cost (lighter weight, almost no brake dust, "highest expression" of what the M2 CS is supposed to be, etc.), CCBs seem to be the way to go. It's the long-term owner part I'm not sure about at this point -- otherwise I'd have made my decision.
Appreciate 0