View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I know these are hard to predict, but I'm in a situation where I have an M3 competition model with super low miles with a lease expiration of early next year. I had full plans to buyout the car for around 45k (payoff + discount) for a mint m3 zcp w/ 7000 miles. I have an opportunity to grab an allocation for the m2 cs, unfortunately I missed the M3 CS boat.. but the question I'm struggling with is it worth starting over on debt (90k+ vs 45k) for the cs badge, smaller/better track car... I think the possibility of this car becoming the next 1M makes it a gamble worth taking, but what if it turns out like the M3/M4 CS that don't really net any significant difference than the regular competition models?
Not sure what you mean on the missing the M3 CS boat... there are a few used ones popping up for sale every once in a while.. and depreciated to low 80s. So if that's the car you wanted originally, then go for it! I would not assume the M2 CS is going to do 1M things on price. Possible sure. Likely - probably not. In the US it has working for it that there is no new M2 really available until 2023 (Dec 2022 SOP) and likely coming out of Mexico, so for a couple years here it may stay hot. However, plenty enough detractors out there, and the M2C close enough in quality and performance that you aren't going to see these things pick up another 20-30k over their MSRP. Maybe hold it, but you aren't missing out on a moneymaker in my view. 15 years from now they could be worth something a little extra if every card falls just right, but I wouldn't want to make that long of a bet with 90k now.

So like Dave said. Buy an M2CS if you WANT an M2CS, not for any other reason.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 5
F87EVO4031.00
paliknight2191.50
BigHunk269.50
Jimjamz4578.50