08-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #9
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
As long as you don't track your car a bunch and you aren't worried about the upfront cost then they seem like a good buy. They add lightness, they are unique to this model, they have a distinctive color which is cool and you will likely get most of your money out of them at resell time.
I disagree on getting most of your money back on them. BMW offers $0 for the option on trade. I think it limits your buyer pool due to the fear of replacement cost. There will be buyers that want the CCB option, but I don't think they want to pay for it. I was stunned at how few cars my dealership sells with CCB. Just be careful if thinking of equipping them because you think you'll get it back. My SA told me it's an immediate 8k hit in depreciation on top of normal depreciation. People who lease cars seem to get them.

If you plan to hold the car for 100k miles or more and not track it, then it starts to make more sense from a financial standpoint. CCM rotors are less expensive than BMW replacement CCB and the cost should come down more over time.

With that said I've put 25k miles on my car in 3 yrs. Using the 100k figure that would be 12yrs of ownership in order to start realizing the return, but also gives plenty of time to squirrel away replacement money. I feel certain that I can commit to 3yrs of ownership and maybe 5, but 12yrs is a long time.
Appreciate 1
Artemis28911.50