View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 11:30 AM   #7
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
My wife made a good point. She's crafty. Tells me to get whatever is going to make me happy, but follows it up with logic. Like...Do you think this is going to be the end point car for you, or will would you rather put that money towards something more focused later? It's hard to argue with spending money to make a heavy car lighter vs just adding a lighter sports car later. She also doesn't believe I'll hold on to this car long term, and she could have another point.
That is a great point, and fits a bit with my situation. This is a fun car, occasional track car. Part of it's allure is being able to do track "touring" where I can comfortably and reliabily drive it across the country, do a track day, drive to another state, do a track day, and then drive on home. I collect track stickers as a "thing". It's my experience/fun sort of deal, and the CS is a perfect car for that. When I'm actually looking to driver hard, improve skills, go 9/10's or more at tracks closer to home, I have a dedicated car for that. I'd rather have money left over from my car funds to dedicate into that than dump even more into the CS.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0