07-25-2020, 08:00 AM   #179
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
They say that the devil's in the details. Perhaps to some, the small differences (if I may refer to them as such) that constitute the CS and that make it such a special vehicle don't justify the additional financial burden over its smaller (no offense meant to the OG and C owners) siblings' price tag yet when focusing on the facts it suddenly becomes a much easier task. Allow me please.

So from an ENGINEERING perspective, the CS is a more capable machine in almost every aspect; weight-wise, power-wise, structural-wise, handling-wise, grip-wise, et cetera-wise; not by much but I would like to think that by enough. Races (as well as bragging rights) are won by hundreds of a second; thousands even. Here is a car that could compensate for your lack of driving skills when paired against your more experienced buddy in his M2C. Can you honestly assign a value to this? Neither can I.

Then there is the DISTINCTIVE factor. I am unsure whether I can refer to the CS' production as "limited" or not. In order to avoid veering off topic, I will navigate around such term and proceed to call it "short production run". The fact of the matter is that for every CS at a meet, there will be an abundant population of Competition M2s. If you were the hot chick, who would you wanna ride home with? Me too.

Next in line is the WOW factor. There is something special about that bonnet intake and the way those golden wheels blend with the body shades that I can't just yet put to words however you must not worry as you won't have to explain. This beast of a car stands out and speaks for itself. These and its other differences allow it to. If you ask me, by this stage you should be calling your best buddy and telling him you've found a substitute.

Last but not least is the FUN factor. Yes, the CS' siblings could very well provide a fair portion however why should you settle for a day's worth when you could have a week's by combining all of the above mentioned benefits?

Let us recapitulate. Here is a car that will turn you into a better driver without having actually improved your skills (perception is everything); will land you the girl you've always aspired to but (because lacking self esteem) never actually aimed for; will make you stand out without actually having stepped foot into a gym; and will make you have the best time of your life. I think PRICELESS is the word you are looking for.

Go for it and stay safe!
Well said... like most any material thing in life, price exponentially rises in comparison to the gains ~ perceived by some ~ when starting from an already superb platform.

Last edited by devo; 07-25-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0