View Single Post
      03-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #69
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Call me grim, but at this stage I don't expect to be pleasantly surprised with anything on the M2CS. BMW Blog is reporting the earlier disclosed #s for the US of 500 are being revised downwards to 3-400. To me, a pleasant surprise would be producing all 2200 as originally announced, which is in serious jeopardy as production halt will likely extend and the CS ain't a bread and butter car. With that said, I don't expect (here is to hoping) for them to nix it altogether given all the years of R&D, testing, marketing, and pent up enthusiasm and demand.
M2 CS start of production: March 2020 | End of production: December 2020 (September 2020 for Europe). And there is also the annual Summer vacation. That was the plan.

Now with the coronavirus crisis going on a global rampage, timing has been compromised. A friend of mine got notified this week that production of his M2 CS has been postponed "for an indefinite period". But he was reassured that early adopters will be first served as soon as production is possible again.

Production at the BMW Leipzig plant (and other BMW plants in Europe + South Africa) is interrupted till April 19, 2020. Consider that a start. If all Spring would get lost and BMW sticks to the M2 CS EOP deadlines, things become very tight: then the M2 CS may become in the end a true "limited edition".