///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Yep. Could care less otherwise, but help mitigate depreciation. I also believe there is still a chance that we get surprised with a digital dash.

It'll be almost comical how archaic this car will seem in a year. The G series sounds like they are creating a big boy interior for the 2 series. Small reduction in feel, but giant leap into technology. I'm sure it will come with a nice price increase.
Call me grim, but at this stage I don't expect to be pleasantly surprised with anything on the M2CS. BMW Blog is reporting the earlier disclosed #s for the US of 500 are being revised downwards to 3-400. To me, a pleasant surprise would be producing all 2200 as originally announced, which is in serious jeopardy as production halt will likely extend and the CS ain't a bread and butter car. With that said, I don't expect (here is to hoping) for them to nix it altogether given all the years of R&D, testing, marketing, and pent up enthusiasm and demand.

As far as MY and depreciation - will have no effect on this model. Many 1///Ms were produced in Q3 of the 2011 year when all other BMW models switched to a 2012 MY, you don't see them suffering from that at all. When it comes to low volume collectibles, MY doesn't really play into effect.
Appreciate 0