12-10-2019, 07:29 AM   #247
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Track reliability? It's the same engine. Maybe the oil pan is magnesium and slightly more oil like the m3cs but other than that why would reliability suffer. We're talking about only software difference here stock, and "tuned" it would be running the same power and essentially same difference as the CS.
Aftermarket turbo tunes = the same reliability and safety as stock on track? not in my experience, not on any platform I've seen. If there really is no difference in components btwn C and CS, and the factory CS software becomes known/available, then sure.

I do think that the reliable 39 bhp boost in combination with (presumably) extra cooling capability and improved engine management is one of the advantages being overlooked here. If the CS cools 1/2 as good as the GTS, then you won't have to give a 2nd thought to engine temps. The same cannot be said for most aftermarket tuned turbo cars on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Read the second paragraph of my post again. Nothing 'old, tired' is asked here, no engine tune, no 'M2 CS only' CF parts, etc. M2 CS will win, definitely, but let's see the gap with comparable spec. That's all.

On a general note: I cannot say that I am totally unfamiliar with what the M2 CS is about. I know a couple of things about that car. And though I've never driven it, I genuinely trust that it will be a fine piece of automotive machinery. Anyways, if you'd ever read some of my M2 CS posts, you'd know that I ain't "looking to dismiss, or pick holes". I respect BMW, but am not affiliated to them, which gives me a bit more freedom to express what I like and dislike. Feel free to disagree.

Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50