c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Yeah, I think I'm just in a much different place than most of you guys. I've done cross-plane cranked V8s to death over the years, modded the hell out of all of them, and assuming I'm limited to 1-3 cars, they're just played out for me. Then again, ask me in a year and I might change my mind! After all, I do I have a short attention span

Seriously, I don't dispute all/most of your statements. I'm not a Chevy or BMW fanboy (the M2c being my first, and likely last BMW unless they quit adding weight and nonsense to all of their cars)...rather, it's the experience for me at this point.

If I scrape together the time and money to do that resto-mod I've been lusting after, an LS is 100% a potential power source. I'd also like to see how the GT500 plays out and its viability as a crate motor. Would i consider BMW, VW/Audi or any "modern" ish engine? No way in hell for many reasons you mention, and then some.
While I love my Macan Turbo, there is lag, no matter what magazine reviewer say. There is no lag on my Corvette. And cars with turbos are somewhat misleading. Although my Macan is technically a 3.6l v6, it probably has an additional 2+ liters in displacement with the two turbos on it. So in reality, it’s probably much closer in size to my 6.2L engine and much more complicated, requiring more frequent and expensive maintenance.
Appreciate 0