Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Originally Posted by masou
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
My M2 was slated for production week of August 21. Inquired today about status, and was told I will hear back in a day or two. I assume my date has been pushed out a few weeks by now.

Word is that BMW determined the differential issue is not 'safety related' and thus the cars will be produced, shipped and released without an upgraded LSD. I was told there are insufficient parts available to keep up with scheduled production and install the LSD upgrade; but should expect to have the requisite upgrade at my 1200 mile 'check up' visit to dealer service...
are you saying all the cars just produced outside of the dates previously mentioned and about to arrive at the VPC also have the diff issue?
Yes and more than just that, ALL M2 production from the start will likely get new diffs.

They're still actively installing bum diffs in cars since there are no parts for a fix.
This is disappointing to me. My car finished production week 30 (July 25) and it has already arrived in South Carolina. I opted for Performance Center Delivery which is scheduled for September 23. My dealership wants me to come in and sign paperwork and pay for the vehicle this week and I've been assured on numerous occasions by dealership and BMW Genius that my car's differential is not affected. Don't know what to do. Hope I don't pay this week to have delivery delayed...
Appreciate 0