switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTR View Post
Reviving an old thread....

Hey Bob, did you move away from Mullica Hill? I haven't seen your M2 out on the road or your e46 M3 either in quite some time now.
I am still in the same spot. The e46 was in the shop since November because the shop owner, who was a long time friend, now apparently sucks. I used to use his shop all the time from the early 2000's until 2013 or so. My M3 was there because I took it to him to replace the axle shafts back in 2020. This was the first time in 20 years that I didn't bring my own parts to him (the OE shafts are NLA). He used his supplier and ripped me off pricewise on the shafts but at least they had a warranty. Not more than 200 miles of easy driving over a period of 2 years later, they broke, and so did the u-joint in the driveshaft. I took it back to him to replace the axle shafts under warranty and supplied him a good used driveshaft. After he let my car sit outside for 4 months and not working on it, I called him to ask what was up. During the conversation, we agreed that replacing the axles shafts with the same ones that broke was a bad idea, so I got some good used OE ones and had him install those. He didn't charge me labor for axles installation, but charged me $600 for the driveshaft installation labor (which should have been free to cover the warranty refund). He was also supposed to re-fix an oil leak coming from the valve cover drain line that leaks oil on the headers and smokes, but that leaks again after driving the car once (he didn't fix it). To say that I am pissed about this and never going back to his shop would be the understatement of the century. I have have the F87, but I don't drive it very often either. It just sits in the garage. I really do need to get it out on the road more often. (Sorry for the long story).
Appreciate 0