11-05-2019, 04:13 AM   #218
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
Wow after all that hype. Its an M2C with the carbon parts added.
BMW Marketing at full PSI again I see.

2020 Model Year only
2,200 will be produced worldwide (U.S. production numbers still TBD)
444 hp / 406 lb-ft torque Thats cool?
7600 rpm redline
6 speed manual or 7 speed DCT
3.8 second 0-60 (DCT) Neat
4.0 second 0-60 (manual) Neat
174 mph top speed Neato
Three radiators, an oil cooler, two pumps in the oil pan, oil sump baffle Not new
Transmission oil cooler (when equipped with DCT) Not new
Electronic locking differential in the rear helps maintain traction both on the track and in slippery situations Not new
Standard adaptive dampers with Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ modes About time?
Steel subframe bolted to the body frame without bushings Not new
Forged aluminum rear five-link suspension control arms and wheel hubs Interesting
15.75-inch vented rotors with 6-piston fixed calipers up front sure
14.96-inch vented rotors with 4-piston calipers in rear sure
Optional Carbon Ceramic Brakes waste of money
19-inch forged wheels in a staggered setup with 245/35R19 tires up front and 265/35R19s in back Same set up
High-gloss black finish wheels standard OK?
Matte gold finish wheels optional Ok..
Michelin Cup 2 tires or summer performance tires Nice addition
Carbon fiber vented hood (1/2 weight of steel hood, increases downforce and has cooling effect) looks the part
Carbon fiber front splitter, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, and M mirrors Now new
Carbon fiber transmission tunnel (saves 6 pounds) A whole 6 pounds guys
Carbon fiber roof About time?
Alcantara dashboard, armrests, and steering wheel Neato
CS badge embroidered on dashboard Brag rights
Black leather and Alcantara M Competition front seats featuring CS logo Looks like real leather this time around?
Embroidered BMW M Motorsport stripes on front seats Neat
4 exterior colors: Alpine White, Misano Blue Metallic, Black Sapphire Metallic and Hockenheim Silver Metallic Wow..
1 interior color: black WOW....
Only options are: 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, carbon ceramic brakes, matte gold wheels, and sticky Michelin Cup 2 tires.
Pricing and ordering details will be announced closer to the 2020 M2 CS's launch in spring 2020.

I don't know about you all, but at the price point this car is being pushed at there's not enough innovation going on.
For example:
1. Lack of HUD
2. ACTUAL weight reduction
3. Track ready car (I'm certain this car is tuned just good enough) with real suspension work
4. How about at the least coating that cow udder black??? Its not hard!
5. On that same line, that looks like the regular exhaust.. Not even an Mperformace exhaust eh?
6. Why not add some of their bucket seats? They are plug and play. Rear seat delete option maybe?

I'm not in the market for this car, and if I were, I would look at other offerings. It's just an M2C with a side of rice.

+1
No HUD-Really...on a $80K(ish) car. Probably my biggest complaint, along with that exhaust. Can't believe their management team let them get by with that thing dangling. Will make the jump to a M4 before they go out of production. Better value and you get more for your money.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00