View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
cmirandabu
Rep
Drives: BMW M235 White

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
I've leased my last 2 BMWs so please don't think I'm one of the "leasing is dumb" crowd. That being said, I really really don't see the point of leasing an M2.

As you rightly pointed out, there is the lease acquisition fee of $925. This is $26/mo extra, almost wiping out your $40/mo interest savings with MSDs.

For #2, I don't buy that argument. If the M2 retains it's value far above the residual after 3 years (which it almost certainly will), you're not getting "a steal". It means you way overpaid for the first 3 years of having the car and get to have a "steal" for the remaining time you pay it off. Either way you're paying the full sale price of the car. The only difference with leasing is that you pay a lot more of it in the first 3 years (not counting tax) and less of it after that. But if you buy the car out after the end of the lease, you end up paying *the exact same amount*.
Interesting point for sure..Here is another situation..What if by the end of the lease the car is worth more than the buyout amount? Given that you put down reasonable amount of money down for a lease and your mileage is still low. Couldn't you just buy it out, sell it privately for more $$ ??

I bet you can sell a 5-6 year old M2 no problem.
Appreciate 0