AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Unsure of how the OG works, but in the Comp, the exhaust doesn't care what mode you're in, the flaps are closed by default.
OG has them open by default on start up

Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I recently installed the Fi catback exhaust for the n55 M2 and also installed the control module that it comes with for the flaps to open/close. It is ran by a vacuum line so the OEM electronic integration is not used when comfort closes and sport opens flaps.

The problem is I didn't install the ODB2 plug from the module as that controls for auto mode flaps only which I didn't care for. So now when I start the car the flaps are closed by default and I don't get to have that start up roar anymore. (not to be confused with cold start) If I want the start up roar I would need to put it in ignition mode first and wait like 20 seconds for the flaps to open first. Now I'm thinking if I install the OBD2 plug wire connection would that fix the issue? Also it would be great if I can use the comfort/sport buttons to open close exhaust but I don't think that's possible cuz vacuum line?

I emailed FI but haven't gotten back response yet and would like to hear if anyone here has any knowledge/experience with this issue.

**on a side note it's quite disappointing to see a 3k exhaust use mainly outer pipes for output only as the inner ones stays clean. Ideally all 4 pipes should come out evenly. I even drive with the flaps closed to see if it will darken the inner ones but nope. However I noticed it's like that for other brands.
A valve controller like CG VSC-1 might solve your problem.

Also suprised you went with FI when for similar money you could've gotten Remus (which doesn't have the pipe cleandliness issue and retains factory valve behavior)
Appreciate 0