View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 04:32 AM   #1
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Fi exhaust problems

I recently installed the Fi catback exhaust for the n55 M2 and also installed the control module that it comes with for the flaps to open/close. It is ran by a vacuum line so the OEM electronic integration is not used when comfort closes and sport opens flaps.

The problem is I didn't install the ODB2 plug from the module as that controls for auto mode flaps only which I didn't care for. So now when I start the car the flaps are closed by default and I don't get to have that start up roar anymore. (not to be confused with cold start) If I want the start up roar I would need to put it in ignition mode first and wait like 20 seconds for the flaps to open first. Now I'm thinking if I install the OBD2 plug wire connection would that fix the issue? Also it would be great if I can use the comfort/sport buttons to open close exhaust but I don't think that's possible cuz vacuum line?

I emailed FI but haven't gotten back response yet and would like to hear if anyone here has any knowledge/experience with this issue.

**on a side note it's quite disappointing to see a 3k exhaust use mainly outer pipes for output only as the inner ones stays clean. Ideally all 4 pipes should come out evenly. I even drive with the flaps closed to see if it will darken the inner ones but nope. However I noticed it's like that for other brands.
Appreciate 0