View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #14
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJRocksIt View Post
Finally got some time with a Genius from the dealership and we walked through several potential causes of the transmission behavior.

The most probable is that I'm being told when you crank up the Drivelogic, have Sport+ engaged, AND have traction control turned off, the car will switch itself into sequential shift mode. He also mentioned some "extra level" of Drivelogic that gets engaged with the settings enabled, but I've never seen that. I know that the exhaust changes a bit as you stack different settings, but I'm not aware of a 4th level of Drivelogic.

I have never turned off TCS (I'm no hero), so I have a hard time buying this explanation of the behavior. I'm going to go and test and try to reproduce the issue based on what they say causes it.
Tell them to demo the feature for you going to sequential. I call bullshit.

1st gear being jumpy is normal especially when the transmission is cold or you're going to an incline. It's possible yours is worse than normal but both my e90 m3 and m2 (n55) do the same thing to some degree. I just learn to drive around it by using creep mode (light tap gas) when car is cold pulling out of a space, and being more deliberate with throttle once I've pulled out into the street meaning applying enough throttle so the car doesn't slip the clutch and knows my intentions but not enough to be aggressive. Also I then shift to 2nd as soon as I'm able (like 2300 rpm I don't know). 2nd gear basically doesn't have this issue.
Appreciate 0