View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
alavigne
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
The rapid banging is likely wheel hop. I get that too on my car if I launch hard, and happens in the wet as well. Tires will likely not help too much here as this is more related to damping and control arms.

I have not experienced the second issue ever. In the dry my car is very hooked up. I have a 17 M2 with MPSS tires and I'm quite happy with them. 23k kilometers now and 3 track days on them. Better tires will help in this situation.

I drive in DSC off most of the time, and the wet grip of the MPSS tire is actually quite good. I am very gentle and smooth with my throttle application. Rolling on and off. This helps a lot. If I'm more aggressive with the throttle in the wet I can break the rear wheels quite easily.
^^^ I second the above - same situation for me. 18 LCI 6MT and MPSS tires, and I drive with DSC off most of the time, dry and wet. Also sometimes get a bit of wheel hop in the wet right from a standing start, but that's about it (and only when deliberately giving it a little extra... and also seems to vary depending on the nature/quality of the pavement). I think it's a matter of conditioning how throttle is managed - having come from a long line of cars before the M2 that had no stability or traction control at all (e.g. AP1 Honda S2000), you become ingrained to the reality of very fine grained (and often conservative) throttle application.

Last edited by alavigne; 09-09-2019 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: enhancing explanation
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50