View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 01:17 PM   #9
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
It gets worse. I just got off the phone with the Genius folks again. This was intentionally added as a "feature". The idea is that it will autolaunch\connect so if we have any trips that we haven't sent to the car, they'll transfer to the car. That provides zero value to me and much pain.

The guy said they'd gotten a lot of complaints about the behavior and he could submit the feedback. I figure if you could turn it on or off in the settings that would be the way to go. That way the 4 people who like this feature could use it and the rest of us can go back to normal.

I may just delete it and use the older Remote Control app. I mentioned this to the guy and he said it'll still work although it's not supported anymore and will ultimately be decomissioned.

Man, the BALLS of these guys! Can you think of any other app that would have the chutzpah automatically launch and become the focus of your screen when, lets say, you left the house? Or any other frequent regular activity, like driving? Talk about misbehaved apps, this takes the cake. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Unless they upgrade with an on/off auto-launch setting, this app is history.. Its not that crucial anyway.